[Bioperl-l] Rendering multi-exon gene models from genbank input file

Christian Frech frech.christian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 05:58:36 UTC 2012

Hi all,

can someone please lay out the proper BioPerl procedure that renders
Bio::Graphics gene models (displaying UTRs, CDS, and introns) given a
genbank entry as input? In particular, CDS and mRNA split locations
specified as joins() in the genbank entry should be resolved correctly as
exons and introns.

I am aware of embl2picture.pl and Bio::SeqFeature::Tools::Unflattener, but so far both did not give me a completely satisfactory solution to this problem.

Thanks a lot,
Christian