[Bioperl-l] error during installation

Du, Peng du at ibio.jp
Tue Jun 19 15:25:42 UTC 2012

As to the Clustalw problem, it turned out that, I didn't install it in
the first place, I am very sorry for the stupid mistake. It is alright
now. But, as to dpAlign, I compared the alignment of non coding
regions of two species with dpAlign (in an Intel x86 but much slower
machine where dpAlign is good) and Clustalw respectively and checked
the output, I found that, each with default parameters, the alignments
by dpAlign were better than that by Clustalw, and there was a
tremendous difference in the outputs in terms of A<=>G, C<=>T, AG<=>CT
substitutional rate and divergence by Tamura-Nei Model between the two
alignments. The values are much smaller with dpAlign.  Since I am a
newbie, I don't quite understand why there was such a difference. Is
it might because of the Clustalw is designed for multiple alignment or
the default parameters are not appropriate?

I am now investigating other tools available in the main distribution
of  BioPerl, but I have no idea whether there is a good substitution
of dpAlign in context of non coding region alignment.

Thank you very much.