[Bioperl-l] Bioper-run installation failed on Mac OS X Lion

Leon Timmermans l.m.timmermans at students.uu.nl
Wed Jun 13 14:19:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Ghana Shyam Challa
<challa.ghanashyam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi:
> I am trying to install bioperl-run on mac os x lion. Bioperl is
> running on the machine. All the tests failed. Tried installing using
> CPAN and building it both didn't worked for me. Please help me in
> this.

This is a documented issue. BioPerl-Run depends on external tools,
many/most of which are probably not installed on your computer. This
is a rather unfortunate situation, and any help changing that by
splitting it up into pieces that each only depend on one toolset would
probably be most welcome.

Leon