[Bioperl-l] Issue with HOWTO Beginners Examples from "Retrieving a sequence from a database" and beyond

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Jun 12 15:16:29 UTC 2012

Kevin,

This is no longer the latest release, but I don't think we have a newer PPM available yet (at least, I don't think we do).  The latest on CPAN is v1.6.901. This release updated the code to be compliant with perl 5.12 and up and fixed a few minor bugs, including the 'replacement list' one.  IIRC, ActivePerl and Strawberry Perl allow you to install from CPAN.

Also, the 'subroutine redefined' errors are generally Windows-specific and are from using the '-w' flag in the script shebang line.  Try removing that and see if things quiet down a bit.  Regardless, these are simply warnings, not errors.

chris