[Bioperl-l] Strange Error, Bio::Graphics::Feature attach_seq is not implemented

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 20 20:02:06 UTC 2012

Scott,

I think the problem is that the original attach_seq() interface method (and Bio::SF::Generic) assumed an in-memory generic Bio::Seq/PrimarySeq, but the design for Bio::SF::Lite and Bio::Graphics::Feature I believe assumed such data are not stored as an in-memory Bio::SeqI, but in a database or a file.

It's possible to implement this for the basic non-persistent cases mentioned but override the method, initially as unimplemented, in child classes where a different behavior is expected (Bio::DB::SeqFeature for example).

(Hope that makes sense?)

chris