[Bioperl-l] Random trees generation

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:52:48 UTC 2012

The current Bioperl random tree factory is for use with the coalescent which I needed for my research -- it may or may not be suitable for your purposes.
The module documentation echoes a call for more contribution to the implementations.

Rutger's Bio::Phylo can generates random trees you can try it out too.
http://search.cpan.org/~rvosa/Bio-Phylo-0.50/lib/Bio/Phylo/Generator.pm

It really depends on what model you are trying to do. There are many tree simulators out there that may suit your needs better.
http://evolution.genetics.washington.edu/phylip/software.html#Simulation

Jason