[Bioperl-l] retrieving bioperl version for scripts

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Sep 28 21:36:37 UTC 2011

On Sep 28, 2011, at 10:00 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:

> 2011/9/28 longbow leo <longbow0 at gmail.com>:
>> Hi, Carnë,
>>
>> Do you mean this:
>>
>> perl -MBio::SeqIO -e 'print $Bio::SeqIO::VERSION'
>>
>> In my machine, the output is
>
> Thank you. Yes this is what I was looking for. I looked down how that
> variable comes up and so I think I'll use
>
> use Bio::Root::Version;
> say $Bio::Root::Version::VERSION;
>
> Carnë

Just a warning on this: we're shortly to announce a major restructuring effort with BioPerl that will dramatically affect core versioning, mainly from the point of view that modularizing BioPerl into more manageable sub-distributions will require that each sub-distribution have it's own version (not necessarily a bad thing).