[Bioperl-l] no blast result

Frank Schwach fs5 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 13:54:21 UTC 2011

looks like BLAST is not install on your system. The BioPerl module only
runs BLAST for you and parses the output but you still need the BLAST
executables installed on your system. Follow the instructions on the
NCBI website to download and install BLAST and try running it on the
commandline with the "blastall" command. If that works then you can run
it also via BioPerl.
Frank