[Bioperl-l] Galaxy tools?

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 02:09:45 UTC 2011

Hi Russell,

As Peter said, the tools to be wrapped do not need to be written in Python.

I have build a few wrappers for Galaxy, including one for the read
simulator Grinder (http://sourceforge.net/projects/biogrinder/), which
uses Bioperl and is available in the Galaxy Toolshed
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/biogrinder/). It is not very hard to do
a wrapper for trivial programs, but becomes more complicated once you
start having optional arguments or multiple output files.

Grinder uses Getopt::Euclid (http://search.cpan.org/dist/Getopt-Euclid/)
to parse command-line arguments. I have been thinking about leveraging
the information that Getopt::Euclid stores about command-line arguments
to automate most of the Galaxy wrapper generation, but I have not gotten
to it yet.

Florent