[Bioperl-l] Reading protein from file - error

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Tue May 31 20:13:39 UTC 2011

Teja,

I will be frank: this is not the right way to read sequence data from a file, if you intend to use Perl.

Please take a look at this documentation, it will get you started.

http://www.bioperl.org/w/index.php?title=HOWTO:Beginners

You also want to take a look at your NM_021964fragment.pep file - is it in RTF format?

Brian O.