[Bioperl-l] Error calling alignment method

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Wed May 25 18:44:57 UTC 2011

Hi Lorenzo,

You've got a typo in your variable names.

my $ks_factory

my $kaks_factory->alignment($dna_aln);

So I think it's the $kaks_factory that's undefined. And furthermore, no my
in front of the method call.

I'm not sure how this even compiles — I guess the check for method calls
happens at runtime, so that's why the stray "my" is missed.

Also, a request: I really appreciate you posting your code and including
your data files. However, email tends to wrap lines funny, which breaks
code. In the future could you try attaching your code also, or using gists (
https://gist.github.com/) ?

Thanks,
Dave