[Bioperl-l] Poly Bioinformatics Event

Mgavi Brathwaite lsbrath at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:16:49 UTC 2011

Science*Alliance **s in*

*matics: C*

*Lunch will be provided Reception to follow*

*Registration*

*This is a free event*

*Location*

Bern Dibner Library at NYU-POLY 5 Metrotech Center Brooklyn, NY 11201

For additional information, e-mail nymeetings at nyas.org or call 212.298.3725

*Career Bioinfor*

*From th to the*

*and Be*

*e Lab linic yond*

*Register at www.nyas.org/Bioinformatics*

MAY

21

1:00 PM- 4:00 PM

The 21st century has been named the century of biology and at the core of
this revolution is the field of bioinformatics and computational biology. As
we are well into the post genomic era and dealing with ever growing amounts
of data the means to process, learn, and discover what we are producing from
our high content experiments is key. This event will focus on the
opportunities that exist in the fast growing field of bioinformatics and its
applications to healthcare, energy, and agriculture. Also, we will provide
information on local resources for graduate education at the masters level
and up.

*Speakers*

*Richard Bonneau*, PhD, New York University *Mgavi E. Brathwaite*, MS,
Polytechnic Institute of New York University *Tamer Chowdbury*, MS,
Merck *Kalle
Levon*, PhD, Polytechnic Institute of New York University *Bud Mishra*, NYU
Courant Institute *Usman W. Roshan*, PhD, New Jersey Insitute of Technology

Presented by *Science Alliance *and *NYU-POLY Graduate Center-
Bioinformatics*
*
*