[Bioperl-l] domain aligned global protein multiple sequence alignment

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:42:09 UTC 2011

We use DIALIGN for this type of problem of multi-copy domain proteins. http://bibiserv.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/dialign/

or you can use bioperl to parse a HMMer report, get the domain locations, cut all these out and make a multiple alignment of the domains alone if you want to see the history of them.  For our project on such a family we present the domain tree/alignment and also the whole protein sequence history.

jason