[Bioperl-l] bioperl wiki spam

Scott Cain scott at scottcain.net
Mon Mar 14 18:12:55 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

The GMOD wiki has been getting hit similarly.  I've been thinking
about the "vampire" model that EcoliWiki uses: once you have an
account, you have the ability to approve other people's accounts.  The
hope being to distribute the load.  I'm not thrilled about it though:
I want the barrier to entry to be as low as possible.  We already make
it so that you have to have an account to edit, passing a recaptcha on
the way.  Apparently that barrier is already a little too low :-/

Scott