[Bioperl-l] Bio::AlignIO::Mase

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 8 20:35:31 UTC 2011

On Jun 8, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Tristan Lefebure wrote:

> Thanks all for your answers. I didn't know about [^] (always
> something new to learn with perl...).

> (Chris, how do you run this:
> 	./Build test --test-files t/AlignIO/mase.t --verbose
>
> The only thing I manage to do is:
>
> [tristan at picodon bioperl-live] ./Build.PL test --test-files
> t/AlignIO/mase.t --verbose
> Too early to specify a build action 'test'.  Do 'Build test'
> instead.
> )

Note the lack of '.PL' on './Build test --test-files t/AlignIO/mase.t --verbose'.  You must run 'perl Build.PL' first.

Arguably a better general way to run tests is to use 'prove -lv t/AlignIO/mase.t', which adds the local 'lib' directory while testing.  Just running the tests using 'perl t/AlignIO.mase.t' doesn't do this (it can be done with '-I./lib'), but 'prove' has more flexibility that simply using perl directly.