[Bioperl-l] Problem installing BioPerl

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 1 15:04:00 UTC 2011

I agree with Scott, in that you should use the latest version on CPAN.  It's very possible it will fix some of the issues you are seeing, as the build step has been simplified substantially to get around bioperl-specific API conflicts with Module::Build.  So far, v 1.6.901 is installing on most OS's, including darwin:

http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=BioPerl+1.6.901

However, please let us know more details if you still run into problems.

chris