[Bioperl-l] github -- pull request for adding bp_ to scripts

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:21:31 UTC 2011

2011/7/25 Chris Fields <cjfields at illinois.edu>:
> I responded to that:
>
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2011-July/035425.html
>
> I haven't heard any arguments against it, will merge in today.  We will need to ensure Build.PL is set up so the scripts are installed correctly.

Oh, you're right. I somehow missed it. Thank you.

Another thing that I found weird is the extension. Why the .PLS
extension? It's the first time I see it for a perl script and actually
confuses my desktop.

I understand that aside the .pm and .t extension, perl doesn't really
care and there's no official rule. However, the canonical approach is
to use .pl for scripts or nothing for applications (and these scripts
end up being installed as individual applications anyway).

Carnë