[Bioperl-l] medperl, something kinda like bioperl

pablo marin-garcia harpactocrates at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 18:10:22 UTC 2011

Hello Spiros,

I have been writing a set of modules and scripts called pmGWAS (perl
modules for genome wide association) and PMG (Perl for Medical
Genetics). They are based in bioperl and ensembl and I was going to
release in github and later in CPAN. They are modules for
visualization and creating report analysis for medical sequencing and
genotyping. Also I have been writing parsers for the common genotype
and SNPs file formats that at some point I would like to 'bioperlize'
following the SeqIO factory style.

Would be nice to use the bioperl wiki for organize and coordinate
these kind of modules. The current view on bioperl development,  I
think, today is more like the unix motto: do one thing, do it well and
interact well with others. As Rob said the trick is to keep things
simple and modular following the bioperl interfaces or defining new
ones and try to convince people to adhere.

Nice to see more people wanting to increase the perl contribution in this area.

  -Pablo

--
   - Pablo Marin-Garcia