[Bioperl-l] pls help..

Scott Cain scott at scottcain.net
Mon Aug 29 18:34:41 UTC 2011

Hi Ravi,

Sorry I took a while to get back to you; I was on vacation last week.
Also, please keep correspondence on the bioperl mailing list.  If you
had, perhaps somebody else would have provided another answer by now.

I found the bug in the genbank2gff3 script that causes this problem.
You have a few options for how to proceed:

1.  Split the multi-genbank file into individual files, put them in a
directory, and point the script at that directory (with the --dir
flag).  If you do this, you won't have to do anything with your
BioPerl installation.

2. Get a fresh checkout of bioperl-live from git and install BioPerl
from it, as I just committed the fix to the master branch.

3. Manually apply the fix that I just put into master.  The diff is here:

  https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-live/commit/1cff7d541e704a1f35d85bb27a0ab5911d89f8df

Scott