[Bioperl-l] Genbank file : bad features (tag) order with /translation

Maxime Déraspe maximilien1er at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:48:05 UTC 2011

> Hi Max,
>
> I'm not aware of anything in the feature table specification
> about the order of the feature qualifiers (the "tags" like /note
> and /product). Seehttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/collab/FT/
>
> I suspect BioPerl is using a hash (Biopython uses a dictionary)
> for the feature qualifiers, which would discard the order.
>
> Why do you care about the order?
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

I care about the order for the submission to ncbi. But I guess they
will reformat the file before getting it in their database. It's also
visually better when the translation of the protein comes in the end
of the annotation for the CDS and not before /product, /note ....
Anyway maybe I'll reformat the file in sequin table for a direct
submission to ncbi with sequin.

Thank you.

Max