[Bioperl-l] Pull Codon/Amino Acid Change from Genome Reference Data

Chris_Moy christopher.moy at gsk.com
Tue Apr 5 13:06:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am working with high throughput sequencing data and I have the following
pieces of data:

Reference Genome (36.1)
HUGO Gene Name (e.g. 'BRCA1')
The chromosome and genomic coordinate (eg. 'chr7', '15037494')
The nature of the change (missense, silent, etc)
The base pair change (eg. from 'A' to 'G')

However, I do not have the specific amino acid change at that location for
the gene. It's been awhile since I've used Bioperl but I am certainly
willing to shake off some rust. If I could get some suggestions on how to
best approach this that would be a great help. Thanks.

Chris