[Bioperl-l] GeneMapper

kris richardson kris.richardson at tufts.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:10:56 UTC 2010

Dear Members,

 I have a list mRNA target positions,  for various mRNAs and  I also have the RefSeq accession NM_#s for their genes  and mRNA (ex; gene: NM_198155 --- mRNA positions: NM_004649: 800-890).

I would like to use this info to pull the chromosomal coordinates of NM_198155 corresponding to the resulting transcript positions NM:_004649:800-890.  I am familiarizing myself with bioperl and GeneMapper seems like it can provide this info.  However, the documentation on the module code is sparse, and there are no examples.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with this and could point me in the right direction, or perhaps provide some example code?

Regards,

Kris