[Bioperl-l] bioperl-ext package installation error

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Nov 20 04:50:17 UTC 2010

Alan,

You need to install the bioperl-ext module Bio::SeqIO::staden::read, which uses XS bindings to io_lib, but there's a bit of a caveat: we're not really maintaining that code anymore.  Saying that, it does work using io_lib version 1.12.2 (my local version).

Here's the code, please make sure to note the README (specifically, the version of io_lib you will need and the problems you may run into):

https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-ext/tree/master/Bio/SeqIO/staden/

chris