[Bioperl-l] bioperl-primer3

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Nov 9 12:58:40 UTC 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 6:05 AM, alpita at uvigo.es wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> As I wrote last day, I have never used bioperl and Primer3. All of this is completely new for me. It seems very interesting but I am in a student exchange, so I have got no-time to deep into it now (I will do this in the future, because I think it is very interesting to my work).
>
> I want to design some primers, so I have used the tools of Thomas Thiel (MISA and p3_in) to obtain the input file of primer3 software. The next step would be to invoked the primer3 in the windows console (directly with the primer3 software or with bioperl tools) but I always have got problems with error messages. I suppose that I am writting some errors.
>
> If you can, I would greatly appreciate you to tell me what tool to use and how to write it in the windows console.
>
> Thank you very much for you effort. I hope to be improving slowly in this task
> Regards

Please make responses to the main bioperl list.

I rewrote the main set of tools for Primer3, which I believe i pointed out to you previously (unless I'm mistaken):

https://github.com/cjfields/Bio-Tools-Primer3Redux

I can't tell you what to use for Windows: I don't develop on that platform.  Any patches are welcome in case you find problems there and fix them.