[Bioperl-l] Another Taxonomy modules to CPAN

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 4 02:34:30 UTC 2010

Miguel,

(Caveat: You should also ask this on the perl module-authors list, just in case: http://lists.perl.org/list/module-authors.html)

Not sure how the other devs feel, but I personally don't think the Bio* namespace is reserved only for BioPerl modules (see Bio::Phylo, for example).  It's a fairly generic top-level name.  The only worry I have is if these are too similar to current BioPerl modules; Bio::Taxonomy and Bio::DB::Taxonomy already have namespaces in CPAN related to BioPerl modules.

Saying that, tagging them as *::Lite might be fine, as long as the documentation indicated these are not related to BioPerl.  Anyone else want to chime in?  Maybe releasing them as a top-level Taxonomy?

chris