[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::EUtilities esearch PhraseNotFound error

gabriel teku gabbyteku at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:53:42 UTC 2010

I can't get my esearch to work. It's as follows:

my $eut_obj = Bio::DB::EUtilities->new(   -eutil      => 'esearch',
                                                  -email      => '
myemail at gmail.com',
                                                  -term       =>
'$genename[SYMB] AND homo_sapiens[ORGN]',
                                                  -db         => 'geo',
                                                  -usehistory => 'y'
                                              );

When I run this using a gene symbol, it works fine.
But then when I run it as it is with a gene's symbol changed to
$genename(stores the gene's symbol/name), it fails.
How can this be fixed?

Thanks