[Bioperl-l] hmmer3/hmmscan parser

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue May 25 02:17:57 UTC 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 7:46 PM, Thomas Sharpton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> To clarify, I have constructed a SearchIO parser for hmmer3 hmmscan and hmmsearch output. It appears to be fully functional and I have had a handful of users test and integrate this module.
>
> We decided to push this module into a standalone svn repo (bioperl-hmmer3).  I am a bit confused about why the repo is empty, as I committed the code back in March and have made a few updates since then to correct bugs identified by test users.  Perhaps I screwed something up during the last commit.

The commit doesn't show any added files.  The original code apparently is on a branch of bioperl-dev, though (think this was pointed out on IRC):

http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-dev/tree/bioperl-hmmer3

Maybe that was the mixup?

> Chris, should I just add the code to the github repo? I might need a pointer on how to do this without screwing it up.

I started up a new github repo for it.  You would just need to let me know your github ID so I can add you to it.  Then (after you are added) the instructions are here:

http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-hmmer3

> Kai, I can mail an archive of the parser your way if you're in a hurry. With some assistance from Chris et. al., I expect the code to be in the github repo by the day's end.
>
> Apologies for any confusion and the delayed reply - I've been on the road.
>
> Best,
> Tom

No problem.  Thanks for letting us know.

chris