[Bioperl-l] out of memory issue

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Wed May 19 13:59:03 UTC 2010

Hi Shalabh and all,
Sorry to comment on an old thread, but Dan Kortschak just pointed me to
Tie::File. This may be the right solution to this issue. It turns out that
DB_File will read in the entire file to memory anyway, while Tie::File (by MJD
of course) works on pieces as it should. See Tie::File in CPAN and also this
informative post:
http://perl.plover.com/TieFile/why-not-DB_File
cheers all- (someday, maybe next month, I'll return in force)

MAJ