[Bioperl-l] branch pruning v.2

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue May 18 10:07:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Robert Buels <rmb32 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> We may want to do the same for our tags as well.  Our github download page
> is fairly disastrous.  See:
>
> http://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-live/downloads
>
> It's not clear that a similar date-cutoff policy would work for tags. Pretty
> much all of these things were before my time, I don't know what most of them
> are.
>
> Does someone with more history than me have some thoughts as to what should
> stay on that download page?  The rest of the tags could be archived.
>
> Rob

Or just turn off the download feature in github. When you prepare a
BioPerl release does it contain anything else not found in the
repository (e.g. compiled documentation)? We have this for Biopython
(compiled PDF and HTML docs) so we prefer to direct casual
release downloads via the website not via the tag on github to
ensure they get these extra files in the archive.

Peter