[Bioperl-l] move ancient branches to attic

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri May 14 14:20:22 UTC 2010

On May 14, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:
> On May 14, 2010, at 9:32 AM, Jay Hannah wrote:
>> You don't find large lists of probably dead things annoying?
>
> Not if they're not in the way of my executing my workflow effectively. Keeping a room super-tidy that you don't ever live in is a waste of energy.
>
> As an analogy, Google Mail keeps all your dead email (email you delete). Forever.

OK. So our policy is that our branch list is an ever-growing pile of probably-dead things that we all ignore.

A couple of them might be alive and useful at any given moment in time, but only if whoever created them is still around and cares and happens to remember what the point was.

Understood. Thanks,

Jay Hannah
http://biodoc.ist.unomaha.edu/wiki/User:Jhannah