[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::MAFFT - specifying alignment parameters

Dr. Oliver Niehuis O.Niehuis.zfmk at uni-bonn.de
Fri May 7 06:34:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a question about how to specify parameters for the alignment
program MAFFT via the Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::MAFFT module. I
would like to run MAFFT with the following alignment parameters:

--maxiterate 1000 --localpair

Having used TCOFFEE and the Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::Tcoffee module
before, I specified the MAFFT run parameters as follows:

@params = ('localpair', 'maxiterate' => 1000);
$factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::MAFFT->new(@params);

Unfortunately, this code causes an exception error: