[Bioperl-l] Smoke test aggregator - Buildbot + Smolder ?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu May 6 14:19:06 UTC 2010

prove generally is just a perl script frontend for Test::Harness and App::Prove, correct?  It is included in core from perl 5 on.  Here is the code for 'prove' on my local setup:

use strict;
use App::Prove;

my $app = App::Prove->new;
$app->process_args(@ARGV);
exit( $app->run ? 0 : 1 );

We could add a 'Build smoke' or somesuch that does this internally.  I'm tending to shift away from Bio::Root::Build for such things at the moment, but maybe add something there?

chris