[Bioperl-l] BlastPlus Masker

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Tue Mar 23 18:15:38 UTC 2010

Specifying 'dustmasker' for a nucleotide database is roughly the same as "filter : low complexity regions" and "mask : lookup table only", I believe.
(There is also a facility for creating masks based on lowercase residues in a mask data fasta file; the blast+ utility is 'convert2blastmask'. You can run this with the SABlastPlus factory. I'm not very familiar with it, but you should be able to take the output file from this utility and feed it in to a new factory as the '-mask_data' to get what you want. (If anyone has done this, a brief step-by-step would be appreciated.))

cheers MAJ