[Bioperl-l] call for help - BioPerl GSoC wiki page

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 10 20:13:57 UTC 2010

Hi all,

BioPerl's Google Summer of Code page in support of the Open
Bioinformatics Foundation's application to Google Summer of Code is
shaping up, but still needs some polishing.  We're coming up on the
application deadline, and we need to make a good, polished show of it.

Please put in a little time to look at, edit, polish, and flesh out the
BioPerl and OBF wiki pages in support of our application:

BioPerl: http://bioperl.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code
OBF: http://open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

Specific things for the BioPerl page, the Bio::Assembly project on that
page needs to either be fleshed out or removed.

Thanks for all the hard work from everyone so far (especially Chris!).

It would be *very* good to have some more project ideas and mentor
volunteers.  So if you haven't already, please consider volunteering to
mentor a student.  Also, we all know many things that BioPerl needs help
with, so if you can think of a good intern project, add it to the page
and maybe we can get a GSoC student to work on it.

Rob