[Bioperl-l] Bio::Index::Blast bug
till.bayer at kaust.edu.sa
Wed Mar 10 08:20:15 UTC 2010
I tried to use Bio::Index::Blast, but always got the first hit back, no
matter what ID I used. The reason is that the Blast indexer seems to use
'BLAST' as a record separator in all cases, except for RPS-BLAST.
I think however that for the current versions of blastall and blast+
'Query=' should be used.
Thus, changing line 222 in Blast.pm from
$indexpoint = tell($BLAST) - length $_ if ( $prefix eq 'RPS-' );
$indexpoint = tell($BLAST) - length $_;
makes it work for me.
However I have no idea what RPS-BLAST may be, or what different versions
of blast output are used, so maybe someone who knows should have a look
at that before changing things, and writing a cleaner version than the
4700 King Abdullah University for Science and Technology
Building 2, Room 4231-W16
More information about the Bioperl-l