[Bioperl-l] call for project ideas - Google Summer of Code

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 2 06:21:31 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Google's Summer of Code is coming round again, very soon now (mentoring
organization applications are due next week).  We need project ideas for
prospective Summer of Code interns.

There's a page on the BioPerl wiki, please have a look and add your
ideas for intern projects.

For more on Google Summer of Code, what it is and how it works, see
their FAQ at
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs

One of the summer intern ideas I have on the page so far is to help with
the tough grunt work of breaking BioPerl into smaller, more easily
managed distributions.  I'm sure you all can think of plenty more!

Here's the page: http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

Rob

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network
rmb32 at cornell.edu
http://www.sgn.cornell.edu