[Bioperl-l] typo in perldoc of get_replaced_terms

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Sat Jun 5 00:10:20 UTC 2010

Please be sure to "reply all" so that this conversation stays on the mailing list.

> Could you also take a look at the question in the original email? Thank you!

Oops, missed that.

> Also, I tried the following code. I'm not sure I got the following
> error. Would you please let me know what I'm wrong?
>
> $ cat ./get_replaced_terms/main.pl
> #!/usr/bin/env perl
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> use Bio::DB::EUtilities;
>
> my $factory = Bio::DB::EUtilities->new(-eutil => 'espell',
>                         -term => 'brest cnacer',
>                         -email => 'mymail at foo.bar'
>                       );
>
> print "get_replaced_terms: ",$factory->get_replaced_terms,"\n";
>
> $  ./get_replaced_terms/main.pl
> Use of uninitialized value in print at ./get_replaced_terms/main.pl line 13.
> get_replaced_terms:

I think you might have pasted two different examples together.

From

	http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:EUtilities_Cookbook#espell

the correct method to call when using espell is get_corrected_query:

print "Did you mean \"",$factory->get_corrected_query, "\"?\n";

instead of the get_replaced_terms one.

Dave