[Bioperl-l] general perl question

Dimitar Kenanov dimitark at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Wed Jun 2 04:34:22 UTC 2010

Hi guys,
firstly i am sorry ive sent this email first to the wrong
email(bioperl-l-request at lists.open-bio.org).

Secondly, i am sorry to bother you with such problem but i do not know
how to google that one :)
Here is the problem. I want to start several simultaneous processes
through my script but i found i cant do that unless i start them as
background processes because otherwise 'system' waits for the process to
exit. Now i use something like this:

     my @args=("$program $seqinput $$specname $eval &");
     system(@args) == 0 or die "system @args failed: $!";

But that is a bit weird when i want to terminate the program then all
the processes are still running and i have to kill them manually.

Is there a way to start several simultaneous processes without '&'?

Thank you for your patience and help

Greetings
Dimitar

--