[Bioperl-l] Newbie question installing on MacOSX

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 15:06:01 UTC 2010

Hi James,

You are mixing up your installation methods. Either install with fink, or download the source and install from there, not both.

I would personally recommend installing it from source or better still install from cpan. Take a look here:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix#INSTALLING_BIOPERL_THE_EASY_WAY_USING_Build.PL
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix#INSTALLING_BIOPERL_THE_EASY_WAY_USING_CPAN

If you really want to use fink then take a look here:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Getting_BioPerl#Mac_OS_X_using_fink

It looks like the command for this is:

fink install bioperl-pm588

but I don't use fink any more so I am not certain of how that works.

adam