[Bioperl-l] How to Obtain Nucleotide Sequence from SeqIO::fastq

Roy Chaudhuri roy.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 17:14:48 UTC 2010

Hi Alan,

It looks like there wasn't any problem with the earlier e-mail, and that
your file is not Fastq, but rather some unusual Fastq-like format -
where did you get the file from?

Here's a one-liner to convert your file into standard Fastq:

perl -ne 'print; $_=<>; s/^\+//; print; $_=<>; s/^\+//; print "+\n$_";'
< exampleData.fastq > standard.fastq

I've assumed that your sequences and qualities are all single-line with
a + prefix.

Once you have a standard Fastq file you should be able to parse it with
BioPerl.

Roy.