[Bioperl-l] Running Smith Waterman alignments in BioPerl

Evelyne evelyne.c88 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:53:39 UTC 2010

There is actually no real assignment with a goal described.
We only have to prove that we understand and can use Perl.
(Description of the course states we are to learn the concepts of computer
programming,
and rudimentary Perl)

The Smith Waterman Tool was mentioned during the courses (along with BPlite,
and using remote and local BLASTs) so i wanted to explore this, without
really knowing how complicated the use of this could be...
Maybe they just wanted to let us know what possibilities there are, without
expecting that we could do this on our own...