[Bioperl-l] Final BioPerl 1.6 release

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 16 04:38:10 UTC 2010

All,

After a bit of discussion at BOSC and finding the code on trunk is in pretty decent shape (seems to be passing all tests for perl up to v5.12), I would like to go ahead and work towards another point release.  This is likely the final point release in the 1.6.x series, barring any major bug fixes needed.

I'll work towards syncing the 1.6 branch and pushing an initial alpha release early next week (1.6.1_1), followed by a few rounds prior to the final release.  That will be followed by releases of the run, db, and network distributions.  Any other thoughts?  Suggestions?