[Bioperl-l] Posterior (and other values) from BEAST/treeannotator/FigTree tree nodes

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Jul 8 04:27:56 UTC 2010

Hi -

Is this just that you have internal nodes labeled with the
bootstrap/posterior value? If so you just want the node ids for the
internal nodes then.  The semantics of what is encoded in the internal
nodes is not forced by the nexus format so it assumes they are ids by
default.
You can call $tree->move_id_to_bootstrap
to migrate the ids of internal nodes to the bootstrap option.

you can also use the -internal_node_id => 'bootstrap' option when
initializing TreeIO objects too:

=head2 new

  Title   : new
  Usage   : my $obj = Bio::TreeIO->new();
  Function: Builds a new Bio::TreeIO object
  Returns : Bio::TreeIO
  Args    : a hash.  useful keys:
    -format : Specify the format of the file.  Supported formats:

      newick             Newick tree format
      nexus              Nexus tree format
      nhx                NHX tree format
      svggraph           SVG graphical representation of tree
      tabtree            ASCII text representation of tree
      lintree            lintree output format
    -internal_node_id : what is stored in the internal node ids,
                        bootstrap values or ids, coded as
                        'bootstrap' or 'id'

-jason