[Bioperl-l] SwissProt DE lines and UniProt XML / TagTree as XML in BioSQL

Andrea Pierleoni andrea at biocomp.unibo.it
Fri Jan 22 12:18:32 UTC 2010

I think that the point here can be a little broader, since not only the
swissprot DE lines carry complex and structured data.
To define a common, language-independent way to store structured data into
the comment and *_qualifier_value tables of the actual BioSQL schema could
be very useful.
XML looks like a good candidate to me, and the UniprotXML format can be
used as reference or as a template to start from.
Each Bio* project will then parse and report this structured data in its
own programming language data structure.

Andrea