[Bioperl-l] How to read in the whole fasta file in the memory?

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Jan 4 16:03:45 UTC 2010

We typically think of SeqIO as parsing a stream of data, not being
reliant on it being a file which is what these methods would be
implying I think. Sounds a lot like a database - does Bio::DB::Fasta
not provide some of the functionality you need by these methods?  I
realize there isn't a by_order() but the get_by_id() is implemented to
allow random access.

-jason