[Bioperl-l] problems with a few packages

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 16 00:23:30 UTC 2010

Michael,

Don't use the CPAN versions of these modules, they're no longer supported (note to self: ask Ewan to remove the old versions of bioperl off CPAN).  In fact, bioperl-ext is essentially abandonware.  The bioperl-ext code in github (https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-ext) does work, but we can't make any promises re: bug fixes, as the authors of much of that code have long ago abandoned it.

chris