[Bioperl-l] Suppress warnings for Bio:.LocatableSeq:.end()

Jun Yin jun.yin at ucd.ie
Tue Dec 14 11:23:59 UTC 2010

Hi, Kevin,

The warning is because Bio::LocatableSeq::end() is using this formula to
check the end coordinate:
End=Start+Length-1

It is possible that the start and end assigned by Ensembl does not fit this
algorithm.

For turning off warnings, I found this comment from one of Chris Fields' old
posts:

If you want to turn off warnings for any bioperl class,  you can set the
object to $obj->verbose(-1), or pass it to the constructor:

my $seqio = Bio::SeqIO->new(‘-file’ => $infile, ‘-format’ => ‘fasta’,
-verbose => -1);

Cheers,
Jun Yin
Ph.D. student in U.C.D.