[Bioperl-l] extract protein sequence

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Sun Dec 12 20:10:21 UTC 2010

But CJ wants the subseq
Something like this would get the sub-feature.
for my $feat ( $seq->get_SeqFeatures ) {
  if( $feat->primary_tag eq 'mat_peptide' ) {
    my $subfeatseq = $seq->trunc($feat->start, $feat->end);
    my ($prod) = $feat->get_tag_values('product');
    $subfeatseq->display_id($prod);
    $out->write_seq($subfeatseq);
  }
}