[Bioperl-l] Problems loading BioPerl a

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 1 19:27:59 UTC 2010

As the error msg indicates, your user account doesn't have write privs for /usr/local/bin'.  Suggestions are one of the following:

1) Install it locally; see the instructions on the wiki for UNIX.
2) Use 'sudo' to install it system-wide.  I don't recommend that unless needed if you are using bioperl-live (or for any CPAN code for that matter).

chris