[Bioperl-l] Seeking to Contribute

Iftekharul Haque iftekharul.haque at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 02:24:35 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I'm a Perl developer of 4 years now, and I wanted to contribute to the
BioPerl project.

I'm trying to apply to medical school (attempting a career shift from
a developer), and I'd like some technical volunteer work under my
belt. Clinically-related "research" is good, but I figured this is the
best place where my existing skills can contribute most, indirect
though it may be.

I've been following the e-mails for a month or so now, and I tried
Google'ing around for some place where you can "pick up" projects or a
to-do list of sorts, or help in code-cleanups or the like, and I found
one, except most of them were crossed out, and completed by Chris
Fields. :-)

I was wondering if there were any modules I could pick up, help
refactor, add features to, and basically ship some good, clean code.

I'm experienced in working in a Linux environment, and with the CPAN.
I haven't worked extensively with Moose, but I think this might be a
good opportunity to learn!

Regards,
Ifty.